SKKUSOA Original Competition
SKKUSOA는 학부생들에게 폭넓은 디자인 경험의 기회를 제공하기 위해 국내 소재 대학교 건축학과에 재학 및 휴학중인 학부생, 대학원생 및 만 30세 미만 졸업생을 대상으로 공모전을 개최합니다. 많은 관심 부탁드립니다.
인도 히말라야 산맥 남부에서 로컬 맥주를 만드는 Hops & Barley Brewing Co. 의 첫번째 브루어리를 디자인 해주세요! HBBC는 히말라야의 자연과 어우러진 브루어리에서 사람들에게 특별한 경험을 선물하고자 합니다.
5월 13일 (월) May 13
5월 13일 (월) 오전 00시 ~ 6월 13일 (목) 오전 00시 May 13 ~ June 13
심사 및 발표 Winner Announcement
6월 20일 (월) 예정 June 20
특전 Winner’s Benefit
대상 1점 1st Prize
상금 50만원(KRW) + 작품 시공 기회 + 5박6일 현지 여행 경비 지원(왕복 항공권 포함) + 브루어리 오프닝 파티 초청
우수상 2점 2nd Prize
상금 15만원(KRW) + 브루어리 오프닝 파티 초청
입선 다수 Honorable Mention
브루어리 오프닝 파티 초청
*심사기준에 미달하거나 표절 여부가 확인될 경우 수상 취소 및 상금 회수됩니다.
제출물 Submission Material
A3(420*297) 가로 PDF 형식의 디지털 파일로 이메일(email@example.com)을 통해 제출 바랍니다. 분량과 형식에는 제한이 없으며 공식 언어는 영어와 한글 병기를 원칙으로 합니다.
Cindy Peterson / Co-Founder of Hops & Barley Brewing Co. / Organization
Ranjan / Project Head / Construction Management
Ashok Pal / Director of Hops&Berly Co. / Technical Management
Jeheon Rhyoo / Chief Editor of SKKUSOA / Competition Management
*This location is accessible via walk pathway as well as a personal road which is 14 ft. wide. The yellow covered area is the estimated total space.
건축개요 Project Introduction
연면적 Total Area
약 2,787 m² (30,000 sq. ft approx)
건축면적 Ground Construction Area
370-560 m² (4,000-6,000 sq.ft) / depending on design
건축규모 Floor Proposed
3층 (Ground Floor + 1ST Floor + 2ND Floor with Terrace Sitting Lounge)
시설별 면적 Program Area
Beer Garden – 약 1,672 m² (18,000 sq. ft approx)
Water Waste Plant + Water Tanks – 185 m² (2000 sq. ft)
공모상세 Detail Expectation
About Hops & Berly Co.
The company is a joint venture of a husband and wife who happen to share a same dream of opening a nature surrounded cafe & brewery where families can come relax sit and spend some quality time with nature. The acquisition of land took almost 16 months as the duo wanted to find a perfect place for the customers to enjoy the natural view and surrounding. The team is a mix of different nationals. This is mainly a women oriented project and we want to help local communities as well by involving them into our project.
This would be the first brewery in the state thus we want to give a new experience to the guests. Simple minimalistic concrete design with Glass windows and extended cantilever slab for guest to sit outside on each floor to enjoy the nature. Outside sitting space shall not have the slab on top of it so that Guest can view the sky/cloud/night scenery as well , which means if the multi floor levels are being designed than they should not cover the beneath floor sitting space. We prefer to have a rectangle SHAPE design (not curved or rounded) to utilize the maximum space and have a great view of the nature. Design could be MULTI-FLOOR or in “L” shape as well or in any shape which designer can think of. If it is going to be multiflorous then we can go maximum up to 3 levels including semi basement floor(if any). Each floor shall have outside sitting or walking space to view nature. On the Ground floor we prefer to have brewery production & kitchen but not limited to but the following departments will be there in the project.
- Brewery production floor & inventory
- Kitchen & inventory for kitchen
- Restaurant and café
- Bar with open space patio
- Roof top garden & administrative block
- Beer garden – separate beer garden for beer lovers which shall be different then the café garden
- Café garden – open space for kids and families to sit and enjoy the café, food and nature.
- Brewery – This needs to be on the ground floor so that we can easily move the equipment’s such as brew house, fermentation tanks, kegs and ingredients. Also brewery requires a lot of cleaning and water uses thus we want to have this on the ground floor due to the large drainage system. The total area for this is required to be minimum 3000 Sq. ft. (minimum dimension has to be 30 ft. wide and length can be 50-100 ft. depending on the design. The height of the brewery floor shall be minimum 22 ft. We need to have a separate inventory room next to the brewhouse production floor. Inventory room needs not to be large, A 10×12 feet room with racks is sufficient to accommodate the inventory such as malt, hops, oats etc.
- Floor Thickness – 3500 PSI concrete slab reinforced with fiber mesh or rebar.
- Easy Access– The brewery shall have easy access thus any equipment’s can be easily transported
- Visibility – brewery shall be visible so that people can see the activities of the production. There shall be a Glass partition and restricted access. Brewhouse generally have lot of heat thus there has to be a Glass panel to control the temperature but Guest shall be able to see the brewing process.
- Restaurant – A full Glass windows space with concrete and iron décor to reduce the cost as well as give a modern rustic look.
- Siting space – 20 table inside and 20 table outside
- Bar and Taproom – A 3 side open full glass view( sliding so that fresh air can come in) with concrete and iron décor and wooden interior for the bar counter and self-pouring bar taps so that guest can enjoy the view relax. 20 inside table and 20 outside tables
- Kitchen – it shall be arranged in a manner that it can serve all the different(café,gardern,bar,restaurant) guest easily.
- Café garden – 40 guests sitting open space with fixed tables and canopy
- Beer garden – 40 guests sitting open space with fixed tables and canopy
접수처 및 문의 Submission & Contact